Director of Water
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Director of Water in the Operations and Maintenance Division. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to oversee and direct the activities of the Water Department. The Director will be responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating all functions and maintain official liaison with State and County Agencies to ensure proper permitting of all operating elements of facilities. Essential functions include:
- Provide leadership and direction to develop short and long-range plans for departmental programs, lead understanding of innovations and latest technologies in drinking water industry and advances how such technologies are incorporated into Loudoun Water programs and facilities.
- Lead research, analysis, evaluation, and establishment of up-to-date policies, practices, and procedures.
- Responsible for preparing and managing comprehensive written departmental operational SOP’s to clearly establish roles, responsibilities and accountability to ensure work gets done.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly with other departments and divisions.
- Develop plans to meet unexpected situations, new developments and changes in programs; prepare for emergencies; understand the factors and conditions affecting programs and recommend appropriate responses when these change.
Effectively coordinate with the Compliance and Regulatory Affairs department to ensure effective liaison with regulatory agencies and full compliance with all permits and regulations
Provide direction and oversight for any necessary plant improvement, rehabilitation and expansion projects.
The candidate must possess excellent organizational, technical and communication skills to support this exceedingly important and highly visible position within Loudoun Water and its stakeholder community. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in civil or environmental engineering or related field. At least 15 years experience in engineering and advanced management skills in administration of personnel. At least five years of proven experience at senior management level and 10 years of experience in the design and operation of water treatment facilities is preferred. An MS in civil or environmental engineering or an MBA will be considered in lieu of some experience. Licensed as a Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia, or ability to obtain within six months of employment through reciprocity from another state is preferred. Licensed as a Professional Waterworks Operator in the Commonwealth of Virginia is highly desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org or send completed application to Loudoun Water, HR Department, 44865 Loudoun Water Way, Ashburn, VA 20147 or by fax to 571-223-2079. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE.