The position will lead the integration of the bureau's Equity Plan with the bureau's long-range Strategic Plan, including the development and implementation of an annual work plan, 5-year budget plan and annual progress report. The position will be responsible to convene the CED and coordinate bureau wide communication and engagement activities related to equity, diversity and inclusion. It will implement and monitor actions related to both employee recruitment, training, retention and service delivery and business practices. It will be responsible to manage equity and affirmative action work plans, analyze metrics and develop effective reporting tools.
This position will work closely with and collaborate with the Office of Equity and Human Rights (OEHR) as well as act as the principal equity liaison to other bureaus and external community groups to increase the organization's capacity to provide culturally appropriate services to all Portlanders, including underserved populations, communities of color and disadvantaged communities.
The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Ability and experience maintaining effective working relationships and communicating effectively to front-line staff, managers, executive leadership teams, elected officials, the public and diverse stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge and experience preparing clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, and presenting conclusions and recommendations to diverse audiences.
- Ability and experience exercising sound judgment, expert independent judgment and political acumen within established bureau guidelines.
- Ability and experience as well as demonstrated skills in program and project development, management and evaluation in a complex organization with diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and court decisions.