Our client, Metro Wastewater Reclamation District (MWRD or the District) seeks a District Manager (DM). MWRD is the wastewater treatment authority for most of the metropolitan Denver, Colorado area. With a total budget of $128M and approximately 375 staff, MWRD operates a non-combined wastewater system that serves about 1.8 million people across a 715-square mile service area.
MWRD is governed by a 38-member Board of Directors and serves 60 local governments that are comprised of both cities and sanitation districts.
The District Manager reports to the Board of Directors and serves as the chief executive officer. The DM is responsible for providing strategic leadership by working with the Board and senior leadership team to establish long-range organizational and operational goals, strategies, plans and policies.
- Undergraduate degree in a related field; an advanced degree is preferred.
- Progressive management responsibility culminating in a senior management position in an organization of comparable complexity, preferably in the wastewater, water utility, or other regulated industry; must include significant budget responsibility, including oversight of capital projects.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, including openness to, and experience leading, change and innovation.
- Successful experience working with boards and/or commissions.
- Experience developing intergovernmental partnerships and resource sharing will be viewed favorably.
- Knowledge of the business side of the wastewater industry or a utility is a plus; some knowledge of Colorado water law will be a good foundational basic.
To view the position specifications please click here: www.eflassociates.com/mwrd
To apply please send your resume to Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org.