You may be assigned to small and large projects, applying technical engineering knowledge to the design, maintenance, improvement and construction of solutions to improve the City's infrastructure and support private development.
As an Engineering Associate with the City of Portland, you will perform work under the supervision of professional engineers who serve as resource experts and routinely review work in progress or upon completion for accuracy and quality.
|The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:|
- Knowledge of the theory, principles and practices associated with Civil Engineering design.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of project management such as contract administration and/or construction management.
- Experience with computers and software pertaining to civil engineering. Please list specific software experience in your answer.
- Experience deriving information from plans and maps.
- Basic knowledge and ability to derive information from specifications, regulations, and/or codes.
- Ability to interact effectively, problem solve, and partner with team members in a diverse workforce.
Applicants must also possess:
- Ability to secure a State Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) certification within nine months of hire.