Sr. Manager, Membership Services
The National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) seeks a Sr. Manager, Membership Services to play a prominent role in supporting the Strategic Membership Goals of the Association through management and implementation of membership development and retention actives. NACWA is a premier trade association representing the nation’s public clean water utilities and this position plays a vital role in the execution of Association’s strategic advocacy.
- Collaborate on member and affiliate recruitment efforts, including planning activities, production, and distribution of outreach materials, and development of reports and analytics for all membership development/retention activities.
- Actively participate in the writing for membership marketing initiatives such as e-communications, newsletter updates, direct mail postcards and letters, website content and social media postings.
- Manage and initiate new member and new contact on-boarding processes.
- Initiate opportunities for member/potential member outreach both verbal and written as well as occasions to incorporate NACWA advocacy into recruitment and retention activities.
- Coordinate aspects of membership processing and supports data management including the accuracy of member/potential member records.
- Work collaboratively with the Senior Director, Membership Development & Retention and related team members to develop, design and update membership recruitment and retention materials and resources.
- Work cross-departmental to ensure high-level member service in addition to responding to membership and member service-related inquiries and issues in a timely, effective and efficient, manner.
- Generate and recommends methods and programs to increase member engagement in the achievement of the goals of the Association.
- Manage reporting systems to track member participation, member positions, and other membership information. Compile relevant data and statistics for use by Association staff.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in an association environment-related to membership, marketing, or communications.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with membership-related research and analytics.
- Experience with association management software, preferably NetForum.
- Ability to manage and prioritize numerous projects simultaneously and proven success working both in a team atmosphere and independently.
- Creative thinker and solution-oriented, problem-solver.
- Works proficiently on detailed, more minutia projects as well as “big picture” initiatives.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing or related field.
- Must be responsive, patient, courteous, and able to handle difficult situations diplomatically with members/potential members as well as with internal staff.
The salary range for the position is $70–90k, commensurate with experience. NACWA offers an excellent and comprehensive benefits package. Some out-of-town, overnight travel is required. NACWA’s offices are located near the Dupont Circle area of Washington DC and easily accessible by Metro and public transportation. Our location also includes access to a gym and garage. For more about NACWA, visit www.nacwa.org.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter (salary requirements are required), resume and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received, with interviews for promising candidates scheduled on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No calls, please.
NACWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices based on race, gender, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.