The Stormwater - Utility Compliance Technician will focus on the following:
Successful applicants will demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience with construction site stormwater quality including erosion and sediment controls, and post construction control maintenance inspection. Candidates with an erosion and sediment control and/or stormwater quality inspection certification preferred.
- Scheduling, conducting and recording field inspections of construction sites and commercial/industrial facilities to assure compliance with City, state and federal regulatory compliance related to stormwater and other water utilities regulations
- Following up with violators with educational, violation notification and corrective measures.
- Reviewing Utility/Right of Way or grading and drainage permits or plans
- Developing, monitoring, and maintaining single family residential (SFR) and commercial post-construction drainage verification program
- Helping resolve and ensuring compliance of right-of-way and easement encroachment issues.
- Reviewing and may issue permits, utilizing established guidelines and procedures; entering permit information into applicable database(s); makes copies; and/or, performing other related activities.
- Providing public education, training and technical support to utility customers by interacting with customers at public events, by assisting with the facilitation of public awareness campaigns and stormwater quality classes, and by providing technical support to customers involving utility regulatory compliance
- Assisting with the development, creation and distribution of public education materials
To be considered for this position, applicants must have a complete application that includes all of the following items:
Applicants must provide certification that they are a veteran or disabled veteran to receive veteran's preference. For more information click here.
- The online application via NeoGov (access also available on City of Bend website under Human Resources/Job Openings)
- Attached formal Cover Letter (required)
- Attached formal Resume (required)
- Attached valid Credentials, Certifications and Licensing (if applicable)
Deadline to submit application materials is Friday, January 17, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m. PST
The City of Bend is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. At the City of Bend, we don't just accept differences; we value them. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and support the Americans with Disabilities Amendments Act (ADAAA) and the Oregon Equal Pay Act.