The salary range is $76,463.88 - $86,021.88 & commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits are included with this position.
The District offers an outstanding benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision coverage. 401 (a) Pension Plan and 457 (b) Deferred Compensation Plan (with up to 4% company match), company-paid long term disability and life insurance (2x annual employee salary). Paid-time off (holidays, vacation, sick and personal leave). In addition, we offer numerous employee discounts such as child care, pet insurance, cell phone plans and local entertainment venues like Elitch Gardens, Water World and AMC Theatres.
Centennial Water and Sanitation District (CWSD), serving over 100,000 customers in the community of Highlands Ranch, Colorado is accepting applications for a Water Quality Laboratory Supervisor. Centennial operates a complete water and wastewater utility including surface water reservoirs, treatment, transmission, distribution, storage, and wastewater collection.
• Plans, schedules, and directs the CWSD sampling and monitoring programs to meet process control and regulatory requirements.
• Develops the laboratory operations budget and monitors the purchasing of lab equipment, chemicals and supplies. Reviews lab equipment operation and performance, and schedules maintenance activities to prevent interruption of lab services.
• Supervises, instructs, and inspects the work of laboratory personnel to insure full compliance with sample collection, analysis, and quality control requirements. Evaluates, documents, and performs employee evaluations. Supervises and reviews the work of contract laboratories, consultants, contractors, and engineers. Responds to customer complaints and/or inquiries regarding water quality issues.
• Works closely with management, staff, consultants, and legal counsel to establish special studies as needed to meet future regulatory requirements or to prepare for treatment plant revisions. Develops and presents presentations for CWSD staff and Board on issues related to water quality and environmental compliance.
• Develops, maintains, and reviews laboratory records, files, and databases. Supervises the laboratory safety and training programs and the Industrial Pretreatment Program. Consults with businesses, contractors and residents to determine waste disposal methods and options.
• Prepares and reviews written reports to comply with State, Federal, and local reporting requirements.
• Graduation from a four-year college of university with a Bachelor’s Degree in the physical sciences or related field.
• Four years’ experience in a water and/or wastewater-testing laboratory is preferred.
• Two years supervisory experience is preferred.
• Two or more of the following certifications are desired; Rocky Mountain Water Quality Analyst Association (Water Quality Analyst Certification), State of Colorado (Collection Operator Certification), (Distribution Operator Certification), (Wastewater Operator Certification), (Water Operator Certification)
A valid Colorado Driver’s License and a Motor Vehicle Record as deemed acceptable by the district’s insurance provider are required.
Pre-employment screening, which includes background/MVR check and drug screen, will be conducted.
Job Posting No. 2020-028