Applicants must specifically address and demonstrate in their supplemental question responses and resume how their education, training and/or experience, meets each of the following minimum qualifications:
Applicants must also possess:
- Knowledge of construction, manufacturing, and specifications related to public works construction and testing.
- Ability to conduct a wide variety of materials testing assignments, including but not limited to sampling and testing of concrete, soil, aggregate, and asphaltic concrete for various physical properties.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with bureau management and staff, contractors, and others during the course of work.
- Knowledge of modern materials testing procedures, standards of materials testing including American Society of Testing Materials (ASTM), American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO), and Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT); and standards and procedures regarding the use of materials testing equipment and proper sampling techniques.
- Ability and/or experience providing support to the project teams, customer service to internal and external stakeholders while providing knowledgeable, technical guidance and advice. Conduct field investigations and inspections; collect field data and samples and analyze and make recommendations regarding data and sampling results
- Ability to acquire Nuclear Densometer Safety Training certification, ACI Field Tech I certification, and ODOT QCT certification within the first 3 months of employment.
- Ability to acquire additional ODOT material testing certifications as needed within the first year of employment (CDT, CAgT, CEBT, CAT1, etc.).
- A valid state driver's license and an acceptable driving record at the time of hire.