The City of Portland is seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst III within the Bureau of Environmental Services (BES). The Business Systems Analyst III (BSA III) works within the Technical Services Group, embedded in the Information Systems and Mapping (ISM) Division of BES. The span of influence of a BSA III, within ISM’s Data Strategy team of BSA III peers - will encompass various Functional Groups, Capital Project Portfolios, and Strategic Committees (e.g. BES’ IT Governance Committee and/or the Data Governance Committee). The ISM Division is comprised of BSA IIIs, a dedicated bureau-wide Data Strategist, Developers, Database and Server Administrators (Principal Information Systems Analysts), Application Analysts, and GIS Professionals. The ISM division is BES’s centralized provider of technology, information systems, and data management functions.
The BSA III will lead complex Information System and Data-related projects across our Bureau and sometimes across the City. Projects often include working with the following types of systems/tools: Enterprise Asset Management / Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (Infor Public Sector), GIS Tools (Esri), Data Visualization (e.g. Tableau), Microsoft Office 365 Tools, Workflow Tools, Custom Developed Applications, and a host of commercial off-the-shelf specialized software to support a myriad of complex business needs across a diverse set of trades.
What you'll get to do:
• coordinate with customers to collect, translate, and document business processes and requirements
• perform advanced business analysis to determine technical solution recommendations, business process improvement recommendations or data improvement recommendations
• provide technical and functional support over multiple systems, and applications
• consult or collaborate with other bureaus including the Bureau of Technology Services to determine other city solutions in use, and feasibility for our Bureau's use cases
• collaborate with other BSAs and BES’ Data Strategist to operationalize (and continuously improve) the Bureau’s Data Management Strategy and the policies and initiatives set forth by our Bureau Leadership Team and the IT Governance and Data Governance Committees.
Applicants must specifically address and demonstrate in their supplemental question responses and resume how their education, training, and/or experience, meets each of the following minimum qualifications: