Water Quality & Treatment Administrator
Salt Lake City Department of Public Utilities
Salt Lake City, Utah
- Informs Department Director, Deputy Director and other division heads about operational, system and water quality developments, problems and strategies. Develops and manages operational and capital budget information for assigned divisions.
- Provides leadership and direction for union and non-union employees who have diverse duties, including: water samplers, backflow testing specialists, water treatment plant operators, treatment process specialists, and storm water quality professionals.
- Supervises and maintains regulatory compliance for Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) and Clean Water Act (CWA) regulations. Exerts management and control necessary for compliance with environmental standards and the potential for emerging contaminants.
- Provides recommendations, planning and follow through for facility and equipment upgrades necessary to satisfy future service and statutory requirements. Files reports with local, state and federal regulatory agencies in accordance with rigid guidelines. May testify on water quality issues to federal, state, and local agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, microbiology, organic chemistry, geochemistry, or a related field plus eight years of increasingly more responsible experience managing one or more programs, projects and/or operations for a large water production system. Related work experience should include one or more of the following: water treatment operations; storm water management; groundwater treatment; or, water pollution control.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of water treatment technologies, process, reservoir management and hydrology. Ability to communicate under adverse conditions; work with various types of educational and cultural backgrounds. Excellent writing, oral and presentation skills.
- A high level technical acumen in chemistry and microbiology is essential to the job, along with an understanding of hydrology and water distribution, effective management skills, and advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements.
For a complete job description and to apply please, visit: