Engineering Office Coordinator
The City of Tacoma, Environmental Services Department, has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Office Coordinator (EOC). We are seeking an outgoing, highly motivated individual who is interested in working on diverse and challenging capital projects to join our dynamic award winning team.
The EOC position will play an important role in the Capital Delivery Group of the Environmental Services Science and Engineering (ESSE) Division. The EOC will collaborate and coordinate with the group's Project Engineers and Construction Managers on the team’s design and construction management of capital improvement projects for the City's Wastewater, Surface Water and Solid Waste Utilities (approximate average annual Capital Improvement budget of $30 Million and up to 20 individual projects per year). The EOC will be responsible for a wide range of tasks directly associated with project designs prior to construction as well as tasks during the project construction and post construction phases. These typical capital project tasks include:
- Prepare and assemble project general specifications in close coordination with Project Engineers;
- Develop and facilitate project stakeholder (adjacent property owners, outside Agencies, etc.) outreach during design and construction of projects;
- Coordinate the necessary easements, property acquisitions, and right of way actions for projects, in unison with the City’s Real Property Services Division and other project stakeholders;
- Perform contract administration and management using software tools such as e-Builder and Ariba to develop and track project budgets;
- Coordinate project permitting;
- Lead the internal process to develop, award, and administer engineering professional service contracts that are necessary for specialty design services;
- Prepare and coordinate grant applications for projects and track all grant related requirements on successful grant applications;
- Prepare project design related documents such as State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Environmental Checklists, and Board of Contract & Award Letters;
- Perform coordination and communication for each project associated with the City’s Equity in Contracting and Local Employment Apprenticeship Programs;
- Complete applications for Awards on successful projects;
- Lead and or supervise one staff member (This is a possibility - this position is currently vacant but may be filled in 2021).
An equivalent combination to: