- Leads and Develops the HR Team – Leads the staff delivering HR services to the District. Sets goals and priorities in alignment with overall strategic direction. Removes barriers to performance and holds the team accountable. Establishes and monitors appropriate metrics and key performance indicators. Develops and implements plans for staff’s development and career advancement. Manages and controls the department budget for assigned areas.
- HR Business Partnership – Working through a team of HR Business Partners, leads efforts to create a positive workplace culture by providing support for all HR processes to District employees and Managers. Acts as a thought partner and advisor to senior leadership on all matters related to HR, employee/labor relations and talent strategy. Demonstrates a deep understanding of the organization’s objectives. Holds the team accountable to providing great customer service by meeting deadlines and providing timely communication responses to support business objectives. Collaborates with the HR Services team to ensure services are timely and consistent.
- Employee Relations – Partners with senior leaders and others on overall employee relations strategies. Establishes policies and procedures to ensure resolution of issues and workplace concerns. Directs the HR Business Partners in the administration of employee and labor relations policies and practices ensuring consistency across locations and departments. Oversees investigations and assists in the appropriate and timely resolution of concerns reported. Works directly with the organization’s Legal department to resolve escalated issues. Provides guidance on the consistent interpretation of all District collective bargaining agreements. Supports the negotiation and implementation of all union contracts. May act as organization’s labor spokesperson at various meetings with union and management.
- Labor Relations – Works with the HR Manager – Labor Relations to ensure positive relationships with the District’s three (3) unions. Oversees timely disposition of grievances at the HR step. Guides the strategy and vision for the negotiations and administration of collective bargaining agreements. Actively participates in labor/management meetings and committees.
- Talent Strategy – With the HR Business Partners, supports District Leadership in workforce planning and development. Supports the successful execution of key talent processes including succession planning, performance management, pay for performance, and use of career development pathways. Coaches District Leadership in effective management and supervision practices. Helps determine optimal workforce capability and capacity and ensure staff development to meet current and future business needs.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) – Active champion for the District’s DEI principles and practices. Coaches District Leadership in the application of DEI practices. Supports the attraction, development, and retention of employees with diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Compliance - Ensures that all personnel practices are in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations and Board policy. Ensures compliance with all existing reporting requirements, including any related to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Develops, recommends, administers and communicates policies and procedures to guide all phases of human resource administration.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature as may be required.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must possess a Bachelor degree, preferably in Human Resources, Business, Labor Relations, Organizational Effectiveness or a closely related field. MBA is preferred.
- Candidate must possess seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in various aspects of HR, including but not limited to employee and labor relations, compensation, benefits, HRIS and HR development.
- Experience must include three (3) years of in supervising, managing, and/or leading people, projects and/or processes.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license with a driving record in accordance with the District’s acceptable guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- HR generalist expertise – some knowledge of all areas of HR
- Labor relations/union expertise
- HR legal and regulatory knowledge
- Conflict management and resolution
- Judgement and decision making
- Inspirational leadership
- Customer service orientation
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Our Employee Benefits & Wellness Programs
We offer a comprehensive employee benefits package including Health Insurance Coverage, Various Retirement Planning Options (Ohio Public Employee Retirement System and Deferred Compensation Plans), Group and Voluntary Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Assistance Program, Free Parking at our facilities, Corporate Discounts, and More! We also have a very active Health & Wellness Program that promotes a life/work balance.
- Minimum: $88,289
- Midpoint: $110,361