Applicants should specifically address and demonstrate in their cover letter and résumé how their education, training, and/or experience meet each of the following minimum qualifications:
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of engineering theory, principles, practices, costs, construction techniques, trends, regulations, standards, equipment, and materials related to wastewater treatment and pumping systems.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering administration, project and program planning and management, organization principles, and management fundamentals and methods.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of leadership, operational and strategic planning, business communication, public administration, program evaluation, budget preparation and administration.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local laws, statutes, regulations, and ordinances and the ability to interpret, explain, and apply them.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; present information, proposals, and recommendations clearly and persuasively in public settings.