The National Association of Clean Water Agencies (NACWA) is in search of a Marketing Assistant. NACWA is a major non-profit environmental advocacy organization representing the views and perspectives of America’s publicly owned clean water utilities. The Association’s members are dedicated public servants and true environmental stewards.
The Marketing Assistant will perform administrative support duties for NACWA's marketing and communications (MarComm) team.
- Design, edit, and distribute marketing communications and newsletters with the email platform Higher Logic.
- Perform basic graphic design of images for marketing messages.
- Work with Director of Marketing and Database Manager to complete list segmentation, as requested.
- Monitor social media accounts of NACWA members and engage accordingly.
- Research sector influencers and identify hashtags or keywords to incorporate in social media campaigns.
- Work with Lead Graphic Designer to create socially shareable marketing for events, holidays, etc.
- Perform basics edits to the NACWA website, including updating links and posting documents and photos.
- Minimum 2-3 years of college courses or Associates degree in Marketing or Business Administration or related field required.
- One year of administrative experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Photoshop, and HTML required.
- Experienced in any email marketing platform required. Higher Logic knowledge a-plus.
This position is DC-based and requires in-office presence at least 3 days per week. Occasional domestic travel required.
Salary commensurate with experience. NACWA offers an excellent benefits package. NACWA is easily accessible by Metro and public transportation and is located near the Dupont Circle area. Our office also includes access to an in-building gym, parking garage, and bike storage facilities. For more about NACWA, visit the Association's website – www.nacwa.org.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter summarizing their interest and qualifications for the position, resume, and salary requirements electronically to email@example.com. The application deadline is rolling with preference given to applications received before August 31, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, we will only follow-up with candidates who will move forward in the application process. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
NACWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, gender, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.