Global Product Manager (Wedeco)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem’s Wedeco brand provides water disinfection and oxidation solutions for public utility and industrial applications. We operate a robust product development process and fill our pipeline with new products and solutions while continuing to onboard new disruptive technologies. Our goal is to leverage the Xylem brands to build solutions for the global market, and we want to bring on board a dynamic and experienced Product Manager who wants to drive our growth with a highly skilled and motivated team of treatment experts.
The Global Product Manager is responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth for Xylem’s Ultraviolet treatment product lines.
This role manages products through their whole lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap and value proposition and working closely with the R&D team to deliver and introduce winning products to the market, while closely collaborating with the Regional & Global Product Managers, Business Development, Vertical Marketing and Commercial Teams. This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to maximize product line profitability including managing strategic pricing, developing strong value propositions and defining value-engineering priorities, products to be discontinued and profitable product lines to suitable applications and competitor analysis. This role is also responsible for working with marketing functions to promote and develop content for training and marketing.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with other disinfection and oxidation product managers to develop the global product roadmap, business cases covering product positioning, value proposition per product line as well as volume and pricing to serve as input into product development and marketing.
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the global product line including new product development, value improvements, product introductions, phase outs and product training.
- Collaborates effectively with Vertical Marketing teams to develop regional- and local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership). This role is also instrumental in providing content development.
- Assigns and takes ownership of the Product Development process by actively driving and participating in the tollgate process: by developing the business case, product requirements etc. with the understanding of customer and market needs.
- Understands and specifies market requirements, competition as well as market- and technology trends for current and future products. Conducts product related market research, Voice of Customer, customer visits in close collaboration with local-regional product managers and vertical marketing teams.
- Develops strong value propositions which are validated through market research, voice of the customer, and other data inputs.
- Monitors competition with respect to market performance, product portfolio and product performance.
- Understands and provides data for the Sales and Operating Plan forecast, ownership of global product sales and margin plans. Execute on the countermeasures when targets are not met.
- Follows up sales, orders and standard margins with the aim to reach targets, identify gaps and raise the need for countermeasures to close any gaps.
- Provides strategic pricing guidelines across markets.
- Manages the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decisions making.
- Manages the entire product life cycle through phase-out and being responsible for keeping its assortment competitive and generates ideas for technology development and Value Engineering initiatives.
- Has a broad understanding of the competitors in the industry e.g. offering, pricing, & markets. Drives and executes product launches according to the product marketing launch process in close collaboration with the Vertical Marketing, Commercial Teams and Communications. Responsible for resource allocation, keeping the timeline and all preparation to do a proper launch in time e.g. strategic pricing, product availability, training material and plan, information in product selection and configuration programs, communications material etc.
- Responsible for developing product, technology and application content. Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events.
- Accountable for the technical performance of the products as defined in the product specifications.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Engineering experience in the water/wastewater industry either municipal and/or industrial preferable
- 5+ years’ previous experience in product/market management or business development in an industrial equipment environment
- 10+ years’ working experience
- Experience with commercializing new products
- Demonstrated experience working in an international environment or in a matrix organization
- Demonstrated excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels.
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple products/projects simultaneously.
- Fluent in English
- Experience doing business or managing product portfolios globally, including in emerging markets
- Experience in selling, marketing and/or developing process controls, smart products or cloud solutions preferable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project management skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Be a self-starter with high motivation skills
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: International and Domestic travel required: = 30 to 50%
- Miscellaneous: Exposure to undesirable field elements at pumping stations, treatment plants or contractors’ site when travelling
- Position based in EST or CST time zones
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.