Orange Water and Sewer Authority (OWASA), Carrboro-Chapel Hill’s not-for-profit public service agency delivering high-quality water, wastewater, and reclaimed water services seeks highly responsible, detail-oriented individuals to join our Finance Department team as an Accounting Technician I or Accounting Technician II.
The Accounting Technician position performs a variety of accounting tasks. Key responsibilities include:
· Process vendor invoices and assist internal staff and vendors with discrepancy research and resolution. Review vendor statements for accuracy.
· Prepare monthly sales tax returns and annual refund claim and enter journal entries related to sales tax activity.
· Maintain subsidiary ledgers and reconcile to the general ledger monthly.
· Support annual external financial audit by developing workpapers for auditors.
· Reconcile and record procurement and fleet card transactions.
· Provide back-up and support for other positions in department.
The ideal candidate is a team player with a service-oriented attitude, professional demeanor, and an excellent work ethic. Requires above average skills with Microsoft Excel and SharePoint.
Title and salary range are dependent on experience.
Accounting Technician I: Position requires an associate degree with one to three years of relevant experience. Salary range: $40,414 - $62,238.
Accounting Technician II: Position requires an associate degree with three or more years of relevant experience. Salary range: $44,557 - $68,616.
OWASA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to continuous improvement, sustainability, creativity, diversity, and inclusion. OWASA does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, or sex in administration of its programs or activities, or employment decisions. Certified Orange County Living Wage Employer.
OWASA offers excellent benefits including membership in the NC Local Government Employees Retirement System, employer 457 plan contribution and retirement health savings account. Paid Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurances. Additional benefits include Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, Personal, Bereavement and Parental Leave, Educational Reimbursement, Bonus Pay for Additional Certifications and/or Education and more!
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, you must apply on our website: https://www.owasa.org/jobs/
Closing date is December 2, 2022