Director of Water Resources
CITY OF BELOIT, WISCONSIN
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF WATER RESOURCES – PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT
POSTING DATE: SEPTEMBER 26, 2018
DEADLINE: OCTOBER 26, 2018
The City of Beloit has an exciting professional opportunity in the Department of Public Works. The City of Beloit seeks experienced and skilled candidates to serve as the Director of Water Resources which oversees the City’s Water Resources Division. The Water Resources Division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the City’s wastewater treatment plant, storm water system, sanitary sewer conveyance system, bio-solids program, and water operations.
This position is responsible for professional and managerial work in planning, directing, coordinating, and implementing the programs, operations, and administration of the Water Resources Division: including field operations, facility management and all support services activities. This position oversees supervisors, professionals and specialized skilled maintenance workers. This position is responsible for related policy development and recommendations related to water resource processes and procedures. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Public Works Director and is characterized by considerable judgment and discretion in meeting established program goals and objectives.
Qualified candidates will be expected to have creative, problem-solving approach and well-developed interpersonal communication skills and an ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with staff, elected and appointed officials, government agencies, service and community organizations, private business and the general public.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College/University with major course work in major course work in business, public administration, engineering, environmental management or a related field.
2. Five years of progressively responsible supervisory experience with experience in oversight and/or supervision of a water/sewer utility.
3. Professional Engineer’s license and/or experience in the field of engineering preferred.
4. Other combinations of training and/or experience which can be demonstrated to result in the possession of the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the duties of this position will also be considered.
5. A valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
6. State of Wisconsin Advanced Wastewater Operator’s License with the appropriate sub-grade certifications or the ability to obtain such license/certifications within 24 months of hire or as otherwise required by the Public Works Director.
7. State of Wisconsin Grade 1 Waterworks Operator’s License with appropriate sub-grade certifications or the ability to obtain such license/certifications within 24 months of hire or as otherwise required by the Public Works Director.
STARTING SALARY RANGE $69,052 - $86,316 per year, depending upon qualifications and experience the successful candidate brings to the position. Excellent fringe benefit package is available.
APPLICATION DEADLINE OCTOBER 26, 2018
Applications accepted online only at www.beloitwi.gov
City of Beloit
Human Resources Department
100 State Street
Beloit, WI 53511
Equal opportunity employer