The following minimum qualifications are required for this position:
- Knowledge and experience in at least two of the following areas: environmental science, stormwater management, hydrology, water quality, general biology, micro biology, wildlife biology, botany, chemistry, engineering, or statistics.
- Skill in using a variety of computer applications such as MS Excel, MS Word, databases, charts and graphics, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and interpret environmental data and clearly present technical information in oral, written or other forms.
- Ability to perform field inspections and/or monitoring and interpret and/or record field conditions/data as they apply to drinking water, stormwater and/or sanitary sewer discharge programs.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret federal, state and local regulations relating to environmental programs such as wastewater, stormwater, groundwater, drinking water, or hazardous waste and explain the regulations to the public or internal stakeholders.
- Ability to read, interpret and evaluate various technical documents such as environmental testing reports, stormwater management facility construction schematics, wastewater pretreatment process flow diagrams, and site assessments.