Senior Process Design Engineer
Brown and Caldwell (BC) is a pioneer and recognized industry leader of innovative solutions to advanced wastewater and water treatment, water reclamation, water reuse, water supply planning and alternative supply development, aquifer storage and recharge, and program management. BC’s One Water Solutions is an important part of our business and is focused on enhancing the adaptability, reliability and resilience of our clients’ water systems to meet both community and ecosystem needs. Our pursuit of reliable, diverse, and sustainable water supplies creates an extraordinary opportunity for our employees to leverage their skills, do challenging and meaningful work, and protect the environment at the same time.
Brown and Caldwell is seeking a Senior Process Design Engineer with in-depth knowledge of ozone, advanced oxidation, and water treatment to provide process engineering on a variety of drinking water and potable reuse treatment planning, evaluation and design projects. Work will include process evaluation, modeling and design for municipal water treatment, advanced treatment and water recycling facilities throughout the U.S. The candidate will be hired as part of the BC Consulting Services Enterprise.
The successful candidate will utilize consulting expertise to organize, manage and execute work on projects and to help ensure successful client relationships. In addition, the candidate will be actively engaged in business development opportunities. The candidate will work closely with strong technical experts and other leaders in the company. If you are looking for an opportunity to work within our dynamic One Water group, with the potential to gain new knowledge, skills, and relationships in a collaborative, innovative and supportive environment, let’s talk.
When you join Brown and Caldwell you will enjoy a unique and welcoming culture. You will find that we offer a non-hierarchical, collaborative, and supportive environment, allowing you to do your best work. You will be trusted to do the right thing by our project managers and external clients and given the flexibility to manage your own schedule to achieve this. The work we do is interesting, challenging and wide-ranging in nature, and so is our client base. This position has the flexibility to be based out of one of several of our office locations such as Walnut Creek, California, Atlanta, Seattle or other locations.
- Provide ozone, advanced oxidation, and other water treatment process evaluation, process selection, optimization and pilot testing services.
- Manage and execute work on municipal and industrial water facilities including treatment plants, facility planning and design
- Understanding of federal drinking water and water reuse regulations
- Perform technical research, and be able to communicate and apply this knowledge
- Provide consultation in specialized areas related to efficient design management for treatment plant, facility planning and design. Make and help others make decisions and solve problems
- Participate in improving company resources and tools to improve design production and efficiency
- Prepare and make presentations to clients and for professional meetings
- Supervise, delegate, and oversee the work of technical staff and engineers
- Assist with business development pursuits
- Mentor BC’s next generation of junior- to mid-level engineers to become future leaders in the process treatment arena
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. degree in Mechanical, Chemical or Civil/Environmental Engineering; M.S. preferred
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in municipal engineering and consulting preferred
- Experience should include: evaluation, testing, selection, and design of ozone systems, and familiarity with conventional and advanced treatment process design, fluid dynamics and pumping systems, and ability to research equipment and technologies
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations and prepare written reports and documents
- Strong project or task management skills
- Experience as process design engineering lead on design-build projects a plus
- Successful marketing, technical presentation, proposal writing, proposal management, and public presentations.
Travel Required: 10% Nationally
About Brown and Caldwell
Headquartered in Walnut Creek, Calif., Brown and Caldwell is a full-service environmental engineering and construction firm with 52 offices and 1,600+ professionals across North America and the Pacific. For more than 70 years, we have created leading-edge environmental solutions for municipalities, private industry, and government agencies. We strive to be the company of choice—to our clients, who benefit from our passion for delivering exceptional quality, and to our employees, present and future, who share our commitment to client service, collaboration, and innovation. Join us, and you will find a home where you can do your best work, reach new levels of expertise, and enjoy exceptional development opportunities. For more information, visit www.brownandcaldwell.com
This position is subject to a pre-employment background check and a pre-employment drug test.
Brown and Caldwell is proud to be an EEO/AAP Employer. Minorities/Women/Disabled/Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information
Notice to Third Party Agencies: Brown and Caldwell does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement and approved engagement request with Brown and Caldwell, Brown and Caldwell reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.