Deputy Director II
The Department of Public Utilities is seeking a qualified
Deputy Director II to lead the day to day operations of the Stormwater and
Wastewater Collections Divisions. The selected candidate will be
responsible for the administration of the operations and maintenance for the
stormwater utility and wastewater collections, sanitary and combined sewer
engineering, capital projects, water resources, development and construction
services, and floodwalls and levees.
Additional duties include, but are not limited to:
· Providing leadership, support and direction to field engineers, inspectors, operations and maintenance staff;
· Leading staff of approximately 125 employees;
· Acting as the City authority for Public Utilities to ensure that design, construction, operations, compliance with federal and state laws, codes, standards and procedures;
· Operating, maintaining, and providing daily internal and external customer service on the stormwater, sanitary sewer, combined sewer, canal system, run of the river dams and floodwall and levee system issues;
· Assisting the Director and Deputy Chief Administrative Officer in implementing initiatives and directives of the Mayor and Chief Administrative Officer;
· Overseeing preparation and submission of overall budget and specific projects budgets, monitoring and controlling expenditures;
· Preparing and implementing strategic and tactical plans;
· Preparing various procedures, reports and correspondence;
· Coordinating daily with internal and external engineers and project managers on stromwater, sanitary sewer, combined sewer, canal system and floodwall and levee system capital projects;
· Operating facilities to comply with the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality Stormwater Management Program including all applicable requirements of the State Water Control Law (§62.1-44.2 et seq) that incorporates the Chesapeake Bay Preservation Act (§62.1-44.15:67 et seq), the Erosion and Sediment Control Law (§62.1-44.15:51 et seq) and the Virginia Stormwater Management Act (§62.1-44.15:24 et seq) under the jurisdiction of the State Water Control Board.
- Requires Master's degree in business or liberal arts or equivalent experience;
- Requires six years of experience;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification;
- No Special Certification or License required.
- The preferred candidate will have an education background in mathematics, science, or engineering. Additional education in public or business administration is desirable;
- Experience working in public utilities, public works and/or environmental regulatory agencies is a plus;
- Thorough understanding of environmental compliance regulations, an understanding of capital projects and the ability to see and convey the big picture concerning short and long term projects and goals;
- Knowledge of Floodwalls & Environmental Laboratories is a plus;
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites;
- Valid Driver's License.
For more information about this position or how to apply, please visit http://agency.governmentjobs.com/richmond/default.cfm